Monday 23 March 2020

March Show and Tell

As promised, some more photos from the March meeting. If I attribute anything to the wrong person, please let me know; I don't wish to offend anyone. My memory seems to have a mental block sometimes, especially in matters other than weaving.
Above and below, teatowels by Chris - generous size, various cottons and cottolin, various patterns - no two the same.


Above and below, glorious throw for Joan's grandchild number eight! Jewel colours, delightful patterning and cosy soft handle.


This had started life as a demonstration and "have a go" warp for Wool 101. Several young people had a great time learning to weave on it. Now Chris has woven it off and is asking for suggestions for its use. One possibility is shown below.
Definitely a man's scarf, Rose wove this one in baby alpaca with white silk stripes. Wider than usual, it still weighs less than 100g.


I hope I am correct in attributing this lovely shawl to Jolet. The work is beautiful - so neat, and the beads on the edge are a great finish. The colour sequence comes from a variegated yarn.



No comments: