Saturday 8 May 2010

Pinwheel Twill Scarf, by Noelene Gratton

When my weaving daughter saw the fabric for the vest, she cheekily commented about making good use of all 8 shafts. “Of course, it was threaded 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8”. Hence an 8 shaft project had to follow. I liked the look of this scarf from an early issue of Weavezine, an online weaving magazine. Diving into the stash I pulled out two yarns of slightly different weights but close enough to be ok, so I thought. Too bad, it’ll do. They behaved quite differently with the cream (the finer yarn) shrinking more in the fulling, resulting in a seersucker effect. Not what I was wanting but interesting all the same.

Future plans include repeating this pattern in a larger piece.

by Noelene Gratton

1 comment:

Chris B said...

Love this pattern, Noeline. Wondered why it looked familiar, then realised that a copy of it [from the same source] has been on the noticeboard in my weavery for several years - one of those "must do someday" projects!