Tuesday 17 February 2009

The Nutcracker Collection, by Rose Pelvin

My entry for the Professional Weavers' Network "Common Threads" exhibition: a red tablecloth and white napkins in mercerised cotton, with linen double weave coasters. Napkin rings are kumihimo braid with "silver and crystal" embellishments, and the candle decorations are tatted in cotton. The exhibition has been shown in Palmerston North and is now in the Chamber Gallery in Rangiora till 19 February. It will be on display in Timaru at the time of the Creative Fibre Festival.

by Rose Pelvin

7 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Wow - just wow!!! I especially love the tablecloth - but the whole ensemble is wonderful!!

Congratulations!

Sue

Meg said...

I would just love to be invited to this table, Rose. Any time. Even for porridge, or even brussel sprouts. You've got my number.

Anonymous said...

Just lovely, Rose. Very festive.

Esther said...

I love this setting Mum. Looks crisp and elegant. Meg can have my brussel sprouts though, lol.

Anonymous said...

Thanks people. Glad you approve. I should confess that the table and the accessories are Esther's. While she was at work I tried all sorts of settings from "tea and toast" to "wine and cheese" with her best china and glasses.

Meg said...

Esther, where's my invite!

Esther said...

Like you need an invite Meg! Any time, of course!